Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting multitasking carousel via Assistive Touch

I've turned on Assistive Touch and often like to get to the multitasking carousel this way rather than either double-clicking the Home button or doing the 4-finger swipe up. But it takes too many taps through the Assistive Touch button to get there: (1) Device, (2) More, then (3) Multitasking. Is there any way to do this with Assistive Touch but with a shorter number of taps? Can I re-program it somehow? Maybe move the Multitasking button to the same level as the More button?

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 2:19 AM

6 replies

Apr 17, 2014 7:31 AM in response to bobseufert

Thanks, I DO want to use Assistive Touch to do this, but I want to see if there's a way to re-configure or reprogram the Assistive Touch feature so that it requires fewer taps to get to the Multitask button. Possibly the Multitasking button could be placed on an earlier tapping screen, for instance on the same screen as "More" (I.e. "....") Or maybe there's a way I'm not even thinking of.

Thanks.

Getting multitasking carousel via Assistive Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.