Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it possible to disable all funktions in the loocking screen, even turn off button (also for security reasons if lost cannot be turned of until code entered or battery low....)?

Hello, is it possible to turn of all functions in the locking screen? even the turn off function (also for security reasons / so that it cant be turned of while using find your iphone?)

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 6:26 AM

6 replies

Apr 17, 2014 6:39 AM in response to Mav-erik

No. However, turning off the phone is not the only thing that will prevent Find My iPhone from finding the phone. Being out of range of a Wifi or Cellular connection will do the same thing.

Also, with Find My iPhone, you can set up a "pending" action even if the device is offiline (Lost Mode or Erase Device), so when it does come back online, the action will be executed.

Cheers,

GB

Apr 17, 2014 7:01 AM in response to Mav-erik

Mav-erik wrote:

Yes of course, i know... havn`t lost it but however makes it harder to steal (get bettery out of it or find an area with no cellular connection which are well developed here isnt that easy as just to turn off the device).

It only makes it marginally harder to steal. There are many ways to defeat Find my iPhone; turning it off is only one of them. Others:

• Remove the SIM
  • Wrap in aluminum foil
  • Drop in a shoplifter's bag or backpack that is metal lined
  • Run the battery down
  • Connect to a computer and restore the phone

Requiring a passcode to turn the phone off would also make the millions of users whose phone was not stolen very annoyed that they can't easily turn off their phone.

Is it possible to disable all funktions in the loocking screen, even turn off button (also for security reasons if lost cannot be turned of until code entered or battery low....)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.