Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari problem: when I switch back into safari from another application, the menu bar comes up but no tabs or windows. What's going on? Just started yesterday. I have found a workaround: when I Command Tab back to safari, I hit command T to open a new

Safari problem: when I switch back into safari from another application, the menu bar comes up but no tabs or windows. What's going on? Just started yesterday. I have found a workaround: when I Command Tab back to safari, I hit command T to open a new tab and Command W to close it, and my other tabs are visible.

I have tried shutting down, closing tabs, with no success. What's going on and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Cindi B

PS: I'm not sure of the actual OS level, but I have not allowed it to upgrade to Maverick yet; concerned about it because of a few things I've read...

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), iOS 7.0.6, see above

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 8:18 AM

2 replies

Apr 17, 2014 2:10 PM in response to CindiBranham

A Safari extension or third party plugin may be causing the menu bar issue.

From the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

As for which OS X is installed.

Click the Apple () menu top left in your screen. From the drop down menu click About This Mac.

The version is noted there.

v10.6 Snow Leopard v10.7 Lion v10.8 Mountain Lion

It's your choice whether or not to upgrade to Mavericks. If you decide to do this, make sure your Mac meets the requirements noted here.

Safari problem: when I switch back into safari from another application, the menu bar comes up but no tabs or windows. What's going on? Just started yesterday. I have found a workaround: when I Command Tab back to safari, I hit command T to open a new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.