Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erase Your iPhone & Before Sync'ing w/ iTunes

The iPhone "Your iPhone's name" is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes library?

So before you answer please read the following: (this is what i know)

I know that i can use a 3rd party tool to transfer my non-itunes purchased items over to my new pc.

does anyone know what this third party tool is that everyone talks about but no one says the name? have any suggestions?

Heres my questions:

1. Third party tool? Suggestions?

2. If i am using icloud to backup my phone as well as my pc, will icloud preserve my pictures from the camera roll -

even if I erase my phone due to the itunes library re-sync proccess?

3. Does anyone know any other proccess to bypass this erase your iphone prompt without having to actually delete everything off of

my phone?

Thank you 🙂

K

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 9:55 AM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2014 10:25 AM in response to Kaleionalani

See Recover your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device.

1. If you're looking for free try the last three entries in the table in the second half of the tip.

2. Possibly. Connect your device to a computer. It should appear as a camera. Copy off all the pictures. No more need to worry. You may also want to set up iCloud Photo Stream so that all images are automatically downloaded to your computer.

3. I've seen at least one suggestion that attempting to switch the phone to manual mode, acknowledging the message about erasing the content and then immediately disconnecting the device works, but I wouldn't risk it. 😮

tt2

Erase Your iPhone & Before Sync'ing w/ iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.