Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Display, but Backlight Still Working on iPad

One of the schools I teach with iPads at has an iPad 2 that has no display, but you can see the backlight still firing.

Anything I can try before taking to the Apple Store?

Thanks in advance!

iPad 2, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 10:17 AM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2014 10:39 AM in response to jak9498

Beyond the restore suggested by Demo have you tried to give it a reset? Hold down the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds. If you see the silver apple it's rebooting.

The only other way to look for signs of life - to find out if the whole device is malfunctioning or just the screen, is to hook it up to a computer. Does the computer see it and interact with it or is there no response?

I had my ipad 2 inexplicably go 'dark' on me once. THe screen would not turn on, but then when I hooked it up to the computer the laptop saw it and synced. Then I tried a reset and it came back. So it may be a glitch, or it may be something bigger, such as hardware malfunction.

If the computer doesn't see it and if you can't reset it back then it may be time to take it to the apple store and see what they recommend.

No Display, but Backlight Still Working on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.