Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2 Cameras 1 Audio Synchronized Clips lost after timeline review

Hello. I have embarked on a film project and I am trying to sync and log the footage effectively so that a remote editor can begin work and we can utilize the same titled footage. So that he and I can work effectively from the same material, I am syncing all footage and titling it by scene and take. So far I have synced two complete scenes. Occassionally I would open a synced file in the timeline just to review and make sure everything was in order. Then I would highlight the material in the timeline, delete, it, and move on to syncing the next 3 clips. This is why I did not notice that although the title of the synced clip remained in my list of " - Synchronized Clip(s)" the clip that I had opened and then cleared from the timeline was actually blacked out completely. It was unplayable. It was as though once you added a synced clip to the timeline, you had to use it or it was gone. But as I said, the title of the clip remained so I didn't notice that some were gone.

This has proven very frustrating to me. I have tried to synchronize clips and then turn them into compound clips, but that does not seem to allow me to "break apart" the synced clips for future cutting.

My goal is to completely "sync" the two cams and 1 audio track for editorial review, and then export the entire Library to a hard drive for a two editor work flow.

What the heck am I doing wrong? Or, am I doing anything right? Thanks so much for your help.

Final Cut Pro X, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 10.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 1:37 PM

"Then I would highlight the material in the timeline, delete, it,"

You just deleted the content of the clip. The clip is a container. When you open the clip in the timeline you opened the container. When you deleted the content you emptied the container.

5 replies

2 Cameras 1 Audio Synchronized Clips lost after timeline review

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.