Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 1004 please try again later?

Sketch indicates an update but gives me an Error 1004 please try again later message, what does the number signify and when will it resolve. Also, I want a record of my purchase, unfortunately I have to prove my purchase before I 'may' get my update. They don't appear to keep a registration database to automate the process.

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 12:53 PM

5 replies

Apr 17, 2014 1:59 PM in response to Ferryman52

For purchases, from the App Store menu bar click Store > Sign In

Make sure to use the same Apple ID used for the original purchase of Sketch.

Then click Purchases from the top of the App Store window.

The latest version of Sketch available is 3.0 according to the App Store.

You can report bugs to the Sketch developer > http://bohemiancoding.com/sketch/support/faq/

Apr 17, 2014 3:41 PM in response to Ferryman52

Please take each of the following steps that you haven't already tried. Stop when the problem is resolved.

Step 1

Open LaunchPad and find the icon of the app you're trying to install. There will be a small progress bar below it. Click the "X" to stop the download.

Step 2

Select

Store View My Account

from the App Store menu bar, then select View hidden purchases. Stop or resume the download.

Step 3

Sign out of the App Store and sign back in.

Step 4

Uninstallthe app you're trying to update and reinstall it from your Purchases list.

If you get this far without success, please post your results.

Oct 12, 2016 3:05 PM in response to johnfromodense sv

I had similar issue while upgrading an application in my Mac Book. I had started installation of an app and had to stop abruptly, my consecutive attempts to download resulted in "Error 1004 please try again later".

Sol:

1) App Store -> Go to Store -> View My Account -> Click Reset all warnings for buying and downloading

2) Logout from account and Quit App Store

3) Finder -> Go To Folder -> ~/Library/Cookies -> Move "com.apple.appstore.cookies" to trash

4) Finder -> Go To Folder -> ~/Library/Preferences -> Move "com.apple.appstore.plist" to trash

5) Restart App Store and try download again

This worked for me ! :-)

Error 1004 please try again later?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.