Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any bluetooth mouse compatable with Ipad Air?

Is there a brand bluetooth mouse that works with Ipad Air?

Windows 7, Uninstalling Itunes

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 2:55 PM

5 replies

Jul 2, 2015 7:56 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Shows what Apple knows! Unfortunately, due apparently mainly to Jobs, Apple has a history of dictatorial attitude towards its customers as exemplified by not allowing a simple fix like supporting mice on iPads. Some people have disabilities that preclude accurate use of a touch screen but they can use a mouse. I'm getting an iPhone 6 plus so I think I would be able to do without my iPad and give it to my wife but without mouse support I'm not sure she will be able to use it. We are not rich and cannot afford to buy lots of Apple products. She just wants to maintain her email and check things on the web and doesn't need a whole computer to do this. iPad would be perfect if she could use a mouse.

Jul 2, 2015 8:22 AM in response to RobAle

Up to and including iOS 8, the operating model of the OS does not include a cursor and, hence, there's nothing for the mouse to operate. If I understood the WWDC keynote correctly, the up and coming iOS 9 brings a significant change in the way the GUI operates and may even make mouse feasibility a possibility. Those in the know (aka Beta Testers) are under an NDA and can't talk.

As for whatever attitude the company may have, the customers have after all the final say with their wallets. And given the market value of the brand, #1 or #2 in the world, it appears that a vast majority are perfectly fine with it. Enjoy democracy at its finest.

Jul 2, 2015 9:48 AM in response to RobAle

You could try a touch pen.

What pen will work depends on the ipad model you have. Verify pen will work on your model before buying.

"ixelpoint technology allowed us to shrink the stylus tip size down to 1.9mm; 70% smaller than the nearest competition. While fingers and rubber styluses feel more like markers or crayons, Pixelpoint helped create a true digital pen. The tip’s material was hand-picked to mimic the drag of a pen on paper, giving you more control and better expression in every stroke."

http://adonit.net/pixelpoint/

Any bluetooth mouse compatable with Ipad Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.