Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open Numbers? Then import a .csv file?

What's Happening: I bought Numbers, and now I have a cloud with a blue, downward arrow when viewing it in the App Store. When I tap on it, I get the rotating circle, then it goes to a solid circle with a filled in square inside. But when I tap that, it goes back to the cloud with the blue, downward arrow. So I'm in this endless loop going back and forth between these 2 symbols.

What I'm Trying to Do: I have a .csv file that I'm trying to open in Numbers. But when I click in the upper right hand corner of the file and get, Open in, there is no icon for Numbers.

I'm a newbie and hope I'm posting this correctly, and including enough detail. Thanks!

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 1:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 12:06 PM

I eventually figured it out myself. Here's what I did... Go to "Settings" -> "iTunes & App Store" tab and turned on the "Apps" listing under "Automatic Downloads".

Below this listing it says, "Automatically download new purchases (including free) made on other devises". Even though I only have an iPad, apparently this needs to be on.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2014 12:06 PM in response to DMT33

I eventually figured it out myself. Here's what I did... Go to "Settings" -> "iTunes & App Store" tab and turned on the "Apps" listing under "Automatic Downloads".

Below this listing it says, "Automatically download new purchases (including free) made on other devises". Even though I only have an iPad, apparently this needs to be on.

How do I open Numbers? Then import a .csv file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.