Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My FaceTime keeps on failing

I am using my iPhone 4 to FaceTime. I have been facetimeing my friend all the time for a few months now, she lives in the UK so do I.

For some reason my FaceTime isn't working anymore, i'll ring her and it's will come up connecting then all of a sudden says call failed try again.

I've turned FaceTime off and on again, I've signed out my Apple ID them signed in again, I've turned my phone off and on again and I've even turned my wifi off and on again, and it's still not working

What do I do?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 1:59 PM

I been having same problem, on a ipod i fixed facetime by just updating.

On iphone5, im reading updating it will work. I dont want to update to the new IOS. Im leaving that as my last option -.-

13 replies

Apr 17, 2014 2:26 PM in response to Louiskandekore

Try updating you iPhone to the latest iOS version. If this does not work or you have already updated just make sure you are connected to WI-FI that has an Internet connection. iPhone 4 does not allow you to FaceTime with data depending on your carrier. For example AT&T will NOT allow you to FaceTime over data. If you are still having this problem please contact you carrier.

Apr 17, 2014 4:22 PM in response to Louiskandekore

Updating the iOS will solve the problem? Bull! I have the latest iOS, 7.1, on my iPhone and my facetime keeps failing every time I try to reach my mom or she tries to reach me. She also tried to facetime my brother with no luck. We have identical iPhone 4s, but mine is the only one with iOS 7.1 as my mom and my brother refuse to update their phones from iOS 6.something(my brother's) and heck, I don't think my mom has updated her iOS once since getting the phone so it's probably still iOS 5.something, but she's never had issues with facetime previously.

Apr 19, 2014 3:26 PM in response to Louiskandekore

issue still happening. i'm on an iphone running 7.0.6. trying to connect with my parents who are on an ipod touch. keeps failing. if i FT with my wife's phone, it works fine so it seems to be an issue with iphone to ipod, higher ios to lower ios, or combo of both. apple support had me reset my network settings, reboot the ipod and reboot my parent's router to no avail. i'm guessing it's on the facetime server side b/c everything's been working fine for months until today.

Apr 20, 2014 3:22 AM in response to xXFrostXx

Same here.

Was working on the night of the 16th and come the morning of the 17th no luck connecting anymore.

I too have my mum with iPhone 4S on 6.1.x and I can't have her upgrade to a rather drastic change on the iOS interface. She will be lost (she's 73 years old)

Please Apple stop this nonsense to have people resetting their devices or forcing them upgrade to a different version when you know something has changed in the back-end

Apr 21, 2014 1:56 AM in response to Louiskandekore

Hi I have the same issue like the above or below questions? Will apple notify or place an update when the fix will complete I was able to use facetime last month fine but 3 days ago too I get connecting or ringing from facetime but when I answer it connects for awhile like 5-10 seconds then disconnects or ends immediately

I have the latest riOS too I downloaded it but same issue I can't use facetime!

I just wanted to keep in touch with my mom who is sick & I'm sick too we just want to get old of each other through facetime I worked my butt to pay for these phones but apparently is not working is apple banning new users?

Please help!

My FaceTime keeps on failing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.