Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro display made up of colorful squares, but not in safe mode. How could I resolve the problem?

My macbook pro OSX 10.9.2. is showing some sort of display glitch. As I was browsing on google chrome, the browser suddenly turned into colorful ( yellow, orange, etc.) squares (which are each made up of vertical or horizontal lines). The squares progressively took over most of the display, with normal spaces in between. When I move my cursor over the "normal" spaces, they also become distored. Interestingly, this does not occur in safe boot mode, which I am hopefully assuming means it is not a hardware error. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue? Thank you in advance!

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 4:28 PM

Interestingly, this does not occur in safe boot mode, which I am hopefully assuming means it is not a hardware error.

That conclusion cannot be drawn since Safe Mode disables hardware graphics acceleration. What model MacBook Pro is it?

4 replies

Macbook pro display made up of colorful squares, but not in safe mode. How could I resolve the problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.