Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not able to close Microsoft Database Daemon or SyncServicesAgent applications to install Office 2011 14.4.1 update. Could you assist me? Thanks in advance

I am not able to close Microsoft Database Daemon or SyncServicesAgent applications to install Office 2011 14.4.1 update. Could you assist me? Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 5:15 PM

7 replies

Apr 17, 2014 6:25 PM in response to sjenglert12

The updater should close those processes for you - it didn't used to do so but should now.

If it won't quit the processes for you, open Activity Monitor (Applications>Library folder), search for the processes and quit them. You should be able to install the update now.

I just find it odd that the updater isn't quitting the processes on its own..

Clinton

Dec 22, 2015 10:28 AM in response to YVR1

Nope. That didn't work either. This is a pain every time they update. Whenever I see an update I cringe. It NEVER does it on it's own and never has. Manually quitting them doesn't work either. Once you quit one by the time you have quit the other the original one you quit starts back up again. Any idea what to do now??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.