Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location of saved Logic X .cst Files is....?

Hello fellow Logic people:

Trying to locate my saved channel strip settings files in order to make sure they are named properly, and maybe rename a few if not.

Help always appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 7:20 PM

7 replies

Apr 18, 2014 2:06 AM in response to CCTM

CCTM wrote:

LPX makes a 'hard copy' of the <User>:Library:Application Support:Logic folder and places that in the new location <User>:Music:Audio Music Apps.

Doesn't that mean you can simply access the same files from two different folders, one still being Users/"you"/Library/Application Support/Logic?

Does that also mean with a "clean" LP X installation you no longer get a MacHD/Lib/Appsupport/Logic folder? Or are there just less items (like: no more Channel Strips) in it?

Apr 18, 2014 2:33 AM in response to Eriksimon

Hi

Eriksimon wrote:

Doesn't that mean you can simply access the same files from two different folders, one still being Users/"you"/Library/Application Support/Logic?

Yes, *if* LP9 was installed

Eriksimon wrote:

Does that also mean with a "clean" LP X installation you no longer get a MacHD/Lib/Appsupport/Logic folder? Or are there just less items (like: no more Channel Strips) in it?

On a clean LPX installation, with no LP9, you do NOT get <User>:Library:Application Support:Logic

User uploaded file

:-)

CCT

Apr 18, 2014 8:40 AM in response to CCTM

Thanks for all the replies!

I have BOTH Logic 9 and Logix X installed, so here's what's up:

Path 1 Logic 9: GO>Library>Application Support>Logic>Channel Strip Settings

User uploaded file

Path 2 Logic X: User>Music>Audio Music Apps>Channel Strip Settings>Track

User uploaded file

As you can see, Logic X duplicated the .cst's from Logic 9, then proceeded to add any new .cst's to the new location at Path 2.

Moral of the story: I need to create/experiment more with Channel Strip Settings (I had just started...)

Thanks for all the help!

Location of saved Logic X .cst Files is....?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.