Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your iPhone cannot be restored because there is a problem with your backup data. Choose a different backup to restore from.

My Ipad some how yesterday got erased on my way to owrk so I tried restring my data and after two day it still tells me thae above messege every time.

iPad 2

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 8:42 PM

3 replies

May 5, 2014 11:32 AM in response to wh73107

I have just recently had the same Issue. Apple unfortunately cannot seem to identify the exact problem and are blaming a glitch somewhere in the back up. This has been escalated to a senior team however they are doubtful that i will get any data back!! They have even replaced the phone (5s) to check it wasn't a glitch in the hardware however it will still not work! I wish you luck.

Jul 13, 2014 4:27 AM in response to wh73107

I have had this issue after updating to iOS 7.1.2 on iPad mini.

Our only backup is on iCloud. The installation had an error and asked for iTunes restore. We had to factory-reset the iPad, and then when trying to restore from iCloud, we get this error.

"....

problem with your backup data. Choose a different backup to restore from."

Any help appreciated. We just don't know what to do.

Thanks

Your iPhone cannot be restored because there is a problem with your backup data. Choose a different backup to restore from.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.