Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone will do nothing when i click backup button in iTunes

So i have an iphone 4s and i had previously backed it up to my previous laptop (which i still have and is still working). So since it was getting really slow and old, i decided to use another laptop to backup my phone and to continue to use itunes there in the future. However when i had plugged it in to backup to my new laptop, it simply loads for about a second and then stops. Nothing happens. I tried changing some preferences however that didnt work.

I would just like to use it to sync some more songs however when it says how much space is left and the audio,apps,etc taking up that space, it just classifies it all as other. For example say i had 3gb of music and 1 gb of apps and 4gb free space. It will just say 4gb Other and 4gb free.

Im not sure what to do as i only want to use my new laptop for my future syncing with itunes. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 12:22 AM

1 reply

iPhone will do nothing when i click backup button in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.