Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5C dropped and screen is black but sound still works

My iPhone 5C was charging until someone accidentally knocked it over and once it hit the ground, the screen was black. The light was still on in the background but it was black and then eventually the light went out too. I tried doing the resetting trick and even plugged it into the charger. The trick didn't work and when plugged in to the charger, it either plays the charging tone or charging vibration repeatedly. I tried plugging into my mac and it still recognizes my phone, but only tries to back it up (yet it fails to do that because it keeps telling me it cannot back up until phone is unlocked). I do admit, there has been some water damage to the phone in the past, but it had been working perfectly fine since then. At this point, I don't know what to do.

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 11:12 PM

1 reply

Apr 17, 2014 11:14 PM in response to angelique14

angelique14 wrote:

My iPhone 5C... hit the ground, the screen was black. ... I do admit, there has been some water damage to the phone in the past, but it had been working perfectly fine since then. At this point, I don't know what to do.

Looks like a Visit to an Apple Store or AASP (Authorized Apple Service Provider) is required... for Evaluation...

Be sure to make an appointment first...

My iPhone 5C dropped and screen is black but sound still works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.