Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad 2's Screen is Unresponsive

One fine day, I accidentally dropped my iPad 2 on the floor, and when I tried switching it back on to see if it still worked, the screen was completely unresponsive.

I tried charging it and to my surprise, it emmitted that sound whenever you plug it into your charger. I tried screeshooting; the same thing happened. It made that camera shutter audio effect. So I've concluded that the iPad's screen is the only problem.

Now, I've already tried consulting a technology expert about this and have received the disappointing advice of purchasing a completely new iPad.

Is it possible to fix this problem of mine? I really, really don't want to confront the pain of discarding my current iPad.

-Yosra

iPad 2, iOS 6

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 2:46 AM

4 replies

Apr 18, 2014 5:42 AM in response to Yosradarawshe

A total long shot, have you tried to give it a reset? Hold down the sleep and home keys for about 20 seconds. If you see the silver apple it's rebooting.

If a reset won't bring your screen back then something inside is broken and your only remedy is to take it to an apple store, pay the out of warranty replacement fee and get another one, or use that same money ($249 or more) towards a new device. Or you can try a third party repair place however if you use a non-authorized place if you have any factory warranty left it'll be null and void.

Did you ever set it up via iTUnes? if so, connect it and do a backup. At least that way you can save your data.

My iPad 2's Screen is Unresponsive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.