Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac (27-inch): AMD Radeon 6970M Video Card Replacement Program

Hey Everyone,

There is a problem with my iMac 27" Intel i7 3.4GHz. It seems the problem is video card. There is images that i took when problem occured. Last four digit of serial number is DHJW. Technical service has checked the problem and they said problem is video card for real. But Apple doesn't accept my iMac for the replacement program (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5167) when technical service sent the diagnostics. I will post the diagnostics too when I get.User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Test Result

User uploaded file

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 2:30 AM

9 replies

Apr 18, 2014 6:36 AM in response to huseyinzorlu

Your last screenshot appears to show it having passed a video test. If it was the one relevant to the program, then unfortunately you'll have a little work to do in persuading Apple that the problem is one covered, rather than a 'similar-looking' one.

I think there was a similar question here before, where after contacting Apple customer service, the poster said that free repairs were provided after all.

Sep 23, 2014 4:42 PM in response to huseyinzorlu

Be patient, it will likely eventually crap out. I had problems a month ago, just before my Apple Care ran out along with an LCD backlight on the bottom left corner going out. The LCD problem was evident, but the video card passed their test. Now a month later, with much greater use of the computer, the graphics card failed brilliantly. BTW the program covers failure for FOUR years from a June 4, 2014 Apple Support document. Look here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5167

iMac (27-inch): AMD Radeon 6970M Video Card Replacement Program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.