Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dear Native Volume/Sound Controls,

You really don't make a lot of sense.

Namely, I take issue with the fact that you link ALL the Alerts/Notifications to the same Volume Control.

Why?

Well, for example:

Just because I need a SUPER LOUD ALARM CLOCK to wake me up so I can catch an early-bird doctor's appointment DOES NOT mean that I need all of my Notifications to be at the same volume.

I can understand Reminders and Calendar and other specific Productivity and Time-Management-related applications perhaps sharing the same volume level as those -could- be considered Just As Important.

But Notifications for GAMES?

Do my Game Notifications REALLY need to be so loud as to wake the living dead?

Just because I don't like my Notifications to be as loud as my Alarm Clock DOES NOT mean that I want to turn them OFF.

Instead of being at full volume like my Alarm Clock is, it would be nice to have my Notifications at only a fraction of that volume.

Something that can be heard but not something that is as disruptive as my Alarm Clock is meant to be.

Related to that, YES, I KNOW there is a Do Not Disturb mode, but AGAIN, that turns Notifications OFF completely.

A Lower volume level (compared to my Alarm Clock) for Notifications is not the same as Silence.

Also related to that, YES, I KNOW that the volume for Ringer and Alerts can be changed with the Change with Buttons option, but AGAIN, whatever the setting ends up being for that is applied to BOTH my Alarm Clock and Important Notifications and Notifications in General.

After my Alarm Clock goes off, I can turn it DOWN to compensate for the Notifications and Alerts... but then that also means that before the day is up, I need to turn the volume back UP to ensure I will manage to hear my Alarm Clock.

I try my best to remember, but I have both 1) missed my Alarm Clock because I couldn't hear it because I forgot to turn the volume back up, and 2) scared myself and my co-workers silly with the unexpected blast of a Notification being pushed through at the same volume level as my Alarm Clock because I forgot to turn the volume down.

In closing, you managed to separate the Music and Video sound control from the Alerts/Notifications sound control. Why not the Alarm Clock (and other similarly important Time-Management apps), too?

Yours in Exasperation,

Sef

iPod touch, iOS 6

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 3:21 AM

3 replies

Dear Native Volume/Sound Controls,

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.