Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone on my iPad mini 2 (Retina) doesn't work

Microphone on my iPad mini 2 (Retina) doesn't work.Siri doesn't work,voice memo doesn't work,Skype,Facetime, video is recording without sound...

i tried everything !!! >>> restore using HOME+POWER, reset all settings and data from the ipad settings and it was restored from itunes few times.

I tried >> Settings>Privacy>Microphone - all options are on ....but still doesn't work.

I sent it to apple service centre and just receive this in my email box ... The technicians couldn't reproduce the symptom you mentioned when you requested service. They confirmed that your product meets our specifications for performance, usability, and functionality. They also installed the latest software and firmware, if necessary.

what.....?

does any of you have the same problem ...?

iPad mini (Retina) Wi-Fi, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 3:04 AM

10 replies

Apr 18, 2014 4:00 AM in response to bobseufert

before I sent it to service centre I restarted all settings 100 times and there was no restriction at all. and there wasn't any apps installed and the problem still remain.If it is still same after I get it back will phone again to call center and ask them what an idiots work in service center !!! or sell it on ebay and never go back to apple !!! No wonder apple is loosing customers !!!

Microphone on my iPad mini 2 (Retina) doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.