Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD issues

Hey all, I've been having issues with iDVD. Since some last update or idk what happened or where, it's taking me a long painful time to burn edited movies from FCP. I cannot just drag and drop movies into iDVD; it only prints audio and no video. I have to go through iMovie, make a new movie, then add it to the theatre, THEN drag and drop the movie.

I need some advice. Is there another DVD burning program out there that can just print my FCP movies or is there something wrong with the export? It already takes me hours to export a wedding say from FCP then another couple hours to upload it through iMovie.

Also, am I losing quality of the movie by doing this???

Thank you

Chris

iDVD '08

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 9:14 AM

1 reply

Apr 18, 2014 9:31 AM in response to christopherfromwhippany

With iMovie 10 export the movie as 480p to your Movies folder and then drag the exported file into the iDVD window, being careful to avoid any drop zones.

User uploaded file

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

Also for optimal iDVD performance maintain a minimum of 20-25 GB free space on your boot drive. Having too little free space can slow encoding and/or cause encoding errors.

OT

iDVD issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.