Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Java-based apps don't work after reverting to OS X 10.6

I had the unfortunate case of attempting to bear with my upgrade to 10.9 for a while, and consequently had changes in my files that I needed to make a TM backup for. So I made a TM backup of my files while running 10.9, wiped the disk using disk utility on the disk that came with my MBP, and re-installed 10.6. After recovering my files using migration assistant, I've had a million problems with crashing applications.

Now my Java is screwed up. I can't run java-based apps inside or outside of Firefox. Safari won't start up, League of Legends does not move past the patching window, and my application to control my firewire-based sound mixer crashes when I plug in my mixer.

I've tried using software update, hotfixes, and downloadables from Apple's support site. I'm quite unsatisfied with this result, so I'd like to share it and see if anyone has similar experiences or any solutions that I might not have tried.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), i7 processor, 250GB SSD HD, 4GB RAM

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 1:58 PM

Ended up using my grey disk to erase my hard drive and restore my time machine backup pre-mavericks to the erased HD. Manually copied my updated folders and files from my most recent backup.

It was a hassle, but it worked at least.

1 reply

Java-based apps don't work after reverting to OS X 10.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.