Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems: iPhone, iTunes and the Music App

As the title suggests, iPhone, iTunes and the music app on the iPhone have all been causing me a great deal of frustration. I am experienceing a number of seamingly related problems:

1. After adding new music and syncing my phone with iTunes, iTunes seems to "choose" what songs it wants to sync even though I clearly have "Sync Entire Music Library" checked.

2. When all my music does sync on my phone, certain songs will be missing in the app or will only show up when searching for them using the search bar in the stock music app. Other times they will show up in the "Music" tab and not any of my playlists or under the "Albums" tab.

3. I have experienced a couple instances in which WHOLE ENTIRE ALBUMS are missing from my music app on the iPhone, but will still show up when searching for them.

4. One album will display split up into two inside the music app even though they are organized into one unit on iTunes.

I have erased and re-synced all music from my iPhone multiple times, which will fix the issue for a short period then reappear.

I have an AT&T iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1 and the latest version of iTunes 11.1.5 (5)

If someone can tell me whats going on or at least let me know if this is a common problem. If it is I really hope Apple knows about it and is fixing it.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 12:33 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2014 8:26 AM in response to gman4354

Hello gman4354,

It sounds like your phone is not syncing correctly to your computer, and the Music app is not functioning correctly even after deleting and re syncing your music from the app. I recommend starting by turning off your Music syncing in iTunes by unchecking that box in the Music tab when you have the phone connected, and clicking apply.

Then close the Music app on the phone:

iOS: Force an app to close

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137

Double-click the Home button.

Swipe left or right until you have located the app you wish to close.

Swipe the app up to close it.

When you have done that and restart the phone and sync the Music to your phone again to re test the issue:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1430

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

Problems: iPhone, iTunes and the Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.