Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv not found in itunes

Hi

For some reason my itunes and Apple TV aren't talking to each other....Apple TV is giving me the 5 digit pass code but there's nowhere to enter it on iTunes (on the computer)...it's a first generation and has worked up til now.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Amy

Apple TV

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 12:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 1:27 PM

Found this page from Apple on the 1st gen Apple TV - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1453?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

One of the things it talks about is making sure you have them set to be looked for, "Choose iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (Windows), click Apple TV, and make sure "Look for Apple TVs" is selected."

Also, do you see the "Devices" section at all in the sidebar? If you do, check to see if it was ticked to "hide" everything in that list by hovering over the "Devices" name in the sidebar.

Lastly, though it shouldnt matter for a 1st gen ATV, do you have the latest version of iTunes?

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2014 1:27 PM in response to aweller100

Found this page from Apple on the 1st gen Apple TV - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1453?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

One of the things it talks about is making sure you have them set to be looked for, "Choose iTunes > Preferences (Mac) or Edit > Preferences (Windows), click Apple TV, and make sure "Look for Apple TVs" is selected."

Also, do you see the "Devices" section at all in the sidebar? If you do, check to see if it was ticked to "hide" everything in that list by hovering over the "Devices" name in the sidebar.

Lastly, though it shouldnt matter for a 1st gen ATV, do you have the latest version of iTunes?

Apr 19, 2014 9:09 PM in response to aweller100

I too have a Gen1 Apple TV. I have been trying to figure it out for a few days. I came here, and read that there are so many people with the same problem. APPLE WAKE UP!!!

At least put out a release acknowledging the issue. You have no problem emailing us regarding expired credit cards or promotions. Let us know what the issue is, and a potential timeframe for a fix.

I have tried resetting the ATV, and nothing works.

May 24, 2014 8:09 AM in response to aweller100

Same for me since I reset the AppleTV unsuccessfully trying to connect a RGB-HDMI converter. Strangely I may stream audio from my Mac to it by airplay, so it seems in a way the two see each other, yet no Apple TV in the left panel on wifi. This morning I conencted it by internet and it appeared, but once I detached it it was gone.

apple tv not found in itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.