Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS CONTROVERSY WIFI GREYED OUT

IOS CONTROVERSY WIFI GREYED OUT. IS IT SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE? THE FREEZER AND HAIRDRYER ARE ONLY TEMPORARY FIXES.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Build 13C64, 2.26 GHx Intel Core 2

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 1:40 PM

6 replies

Apr 19, 2014 7:36 AM in response to diesel vdub

Quick update, much against logic as I'm a software engineer, and with nothing to lose, I've tried the freezer fix, put Ipad on a ziploc for 20 min (actually left for 25 as I almost forgot that it was there), took it out left 5-10 min resting out of the bag, and voilà the wifi is back (now for 10 minutes). Now of course this defies logic as to a real defective wifi would never work, some people say that it works for few days to months, so my question to those level 8 and "genius" is why Apple doesn't explain what the heck actually happens when hairdryer and freezer fix is applied to their devices, from physics I know expansion and contractions due to temperature and atoms, but really Apple how is this possible?

Either way I only need this Ipad to work till next Ipad release to keep my 6 yo daughter happy.

IOS CONTROVERSY WIFI GREYED OUT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.