Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Headphone remote control not working (no lint/fluff/paper)

My headphone remote control (clicking the microphone) is not working on my ihpone 4 (iOS 7.1). This problem appeared quite suddenly. I tried some solutions to fix it, I am short of ideas now.

I still have the sound properly in each speakers. My iphone recognize a headphone is plugged as it sets the sound properly (the previous sound parameter is saved and set when headphone is plugged again).

I first isolated the problem: My heaphone remote control works well with another iphone 4 and samsung galaxy 3. Another headphone with control remote is not working either on my iphone while it's also working on the galaxy 3 and the other iphone. The problem comes from my iphone.

I tried to restore it with back up, nothing changed, then as a new, nothing changed.

I read many topics about the same problem like this one: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/1934355?start=0&tstart=0

Many people seem to fix this problem pulling out fluff from the socket. Even though I could see that I haven't any lint in my iphone's socket, I tried to clean it a bit blowing air and using a paper clip. Nothing changed!

Does anyone have the same issue? Does anyone have found a solution?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 1:20 PM

There are no replies.

Headphone remote control not working (no lint/fluff/paper)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.