Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X 10.4.11 is having trouble keeping internet connection

I apologise if the format of my question is wonky but I'm not familar with how to address things on these forms. In anycase i'll list the problems i have along with the methods i've tried.

Problem:

internet doesn't stay connected or won't connect at all (it does show that the internet is on((wifi & ether) router is netgear))

Methods:

• turning modem, router, and mac components off- worked for a bit but the wifi internet dropped again
  • direct connection to modem- worked but dropped again (tried again and seems to be working?)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11), iMac4

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 2:41 PM

3 replies

Apr 18, 2014 2:53 PM in response to NopalTiger

It may be the Router or Modem also, but...

Make a New Location, Using network locations in Mac OS X ...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2712

Is that Interface dragged to the top of Network>Show:>Network Port Configurations and checked ON?

The Interface that connects to the Internet, needs to be drug to the top of System Preferences>Network>Show:>Network Port Configurations and checked ON.

Then... Try putting these numbers in Network>TCP/IP>DNS Servers, for the Interface you connect with...

Then Apply.

Apr 19, 2014 2:36 AM in response to NopalTiger

Seems some dveice is havimg problems.

Open console in Applications>Utilities, check the system log for the date/time of the last problem & the Startup right after that for clues.

click on the top line we want, Shift plus click on the bottom line we want, CMD+c to copy, then paste the text in a reply with CMD+v

A couple dozen lines should be about right, hundreds or thousands won't likely be readable. 🙂

OS X 10.4.11 is having trouble keeping internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.