Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off or stop all email from my existing @me account?

I have read that you can not change your email address? Can you delete it from existance? If someone sends me an email to my existing @me account, will they receive a return email indicating that the email address is wrong? I want to make sure the email address is not longer accepting email. For example, if an employee is terminated, their account is deleted and the sender receives an email indicating an unknown account. Is this possible with @me account? I want to begin using a new @me email address. I dont want anyone sending me email at an old account and think I am checkig that account, in short, I want the account to be turned off.

A second question. If I create an alias account and begin using the account, and someone knows my "real" email account, will they bypass the alias and I receive an email? I probably know the answer.

Thanks for your input.

Jeff

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 1:48 PM

7 replies

Apr 18, 2014 1:58 PM in response to jeffrey262

You can't cancel the account and its address. I assume you want to stop using the entire account, not just stop the @me.com version but continue to use the @icloud.com version?

What you could do is to set up a 'vacation message' in the Mail preferences at http://www.icloud.com so that all messages to that address got a response. You would also set up a Rule to delete the message (to prevent the account filling up).

I don't think an alias is what you want - it delivers into the same inbox as the main address. You would be best off signing out of the account and creating a new one altogether. For this you will need a new Apple ID.

Sep 11, 2015 10:17 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hi Roger,

You seem to be the guy that might know a simple answer to my question. I started several years ago with *****@me.com and then tried to migrate to *****@Icloud.com. Now I receive duplicate emails no matter what I do. How do I stop the duplication? Also, It seems like the accounts are intertwined somehow, so if I could delete the me.com account would my mail automatically go to the iCloud.com account?

<Emails Edited by Host>

How to turn off or stop all email from my existing @me account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.