Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get past single user,read only

I've been doing research on my powerbookG4, being obsolete and all its been impossible. Ihave no trouble booting to single user mode, but its read only. Anything I try to do gets delered at reboot. I do not have a disk to boot from, they don't sell them anymore. what I can read frm the verbose screen, all it complains about is "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement". seriously 5 messages over and over about class, allocation, and immediate dependencis split between ."com.apple.driver.AppleIntellPowerManagent and "com.apple.driver.PMU, which is an extension. And com.apple.kext and kpi. Thing is I don't have an Intell machine. I'm powerPC. when i was crusing apple's security and updates, perhapes a new file installed? one more detail, the date. has changed to 1969 and a few 1970's. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Mac OS X (10.5.8), I'm no expert with Darwin, !help!

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 4:02 PM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2014 6:03 PM in response to a brody

a brody wrote:

Sounds like the PRAM battery needs replacing.

http://www.ifixit.com/ offers instructions how.

As for the Intel, did you ever try to install a newer operating system from an Intel Mac's installer discs? If you did, that could be the source of your problem. You can't use another Mac's installation discs unless they are the same model and age as your own.

can't get past single user,read only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.