Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dotted cloud on Mac, greyed out songs on iPhone and iPad which won't play.

I uploaded some music from CDs onto my iTunes account. On my Mac some of them show up with a dotted cloud next to it but it will play the song. On my iPhones and iPads it will not play those songs or allow me to download them to the devices as they are greyed out. It seems to be random on which songs that happens to. How can I fix it?

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 5:52 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2014 5:12 PM in response to Doggunder79

I did not do any updates on my iphone 4. Lo and behold, suddenly these circles with dots appeared next to some songs on the ipod. The ipod would speed scroll through them, and then grey them out. Like for you, I could not play them anymore. So I deleted all the songs on the ipod, and reloaded them from my iTunes. Now, the greyed songs are all visible, with duplicate new loads in black. What the h**k is this? How do I get rid of all the songs that have been deleted but still are all listed in grey?

Dotted cloud on Mac, greyed out songs on iPhone and iPad which won't play.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.