Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 Contacts wiped 3 times

Randomly, within the past 3 months, since I've only HAD my iPod touch for 3 months, my contacts on iOS 7 have wiped themselves 3 times. Once in the morning, once in the afternoon, and just about 30 minutes ago, again. I have iCloud sync disabled, I don't use Facebook sync, which Facebook doesn't have access to the app in the first place. Would someone tell me what's going on? I'm gonna have to resort to everyday backups until this is fixed, which is a nusince because I use my iPod everyday for schoolwork. If you want info about my iPod, it's a 32 GB iPod, iOS 7.1, and the home button is broke (Maybe this is usful...?)

Please help me! It took me a long time to get iCloud to push my contacts to my iPod. I don't want to go through this again.

iPod touch, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 8:34 PM

9 replies

Apr 18, 2014 8:43 PM in response to gail from maine

My contacts aren't being synced from anywhere. I had Facebook contacts enabled on my old 4th gen, so those contacts got backed up when I got my new iPod. When I restored my new iPod from the old backup, so I could have the apps on it, those contacts came with it. When I had this problem the first time, I disabled Facebook, but not iCloud. The second time, I didn't do anything but restore. The third time, this time, I disabled iCloud.

Really, what I do is I just add a contact to my iPod, and it get's backed up to my PC. So, long story short, they aren't being synced from anywhere anymore. Before I disabled everything, they were being synced with iCloud

EDIT: Is there any software out there for managing contacts that's free and works with iTunes? I use windows 8 (It ***** but I can't afford a mac), and OneDrive took over my contacts folder, so now it's useless.

Apr 18, 2014 9:01 PM in response to gail from maine

Thanks for the help, but that's not really my problem...

My problem is: why do my contacts keep wiping themselves from my iPod? I have no other syncing service enabled except iTunes. So can I fix this or am I gonna have to restore my contacts every month.

Also, is there any contact manager out there that is not outlook or windows contacts that works with iTunes 11?

Apr 18, 2014 9:29 PM in response to gail from maine

Is it bad that there's nothing in there? There should be some custom groups I created, but there isn't. I used an app called Cobook Contacts to manage my groups, so there should be some in there

When I open my contacts app, there are all 205 contacts. I hit groups, no groups, and there is something that says "On my iPod Touch". When I click done to leave groups, there are no contacts. I close the app and reopen it, and there are all the contacts

I can go into Cobook and confirm all the groups are there. I'm really confused :?

I'm going to re-enable iCloud sync so I can get my groups back. This should NOT be happening, right?

iOS 7 Contacts wiped 3 times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.