Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

You are about to start playback. Do you want to clear the song....

I have been adding my favorite pieces of music to a Playlist I have entitled, "Favorites". After transferring a number of songs, I suddenly saw the following message on the screen: "You are about to start playback. Do you want to clear the song previously added to up next?" Under that there are three choices: Play Song, Cancel, and Clear Songs.

I don't understand this message. I don't want to lose any songs. I just want to remove this message and continue transferring songs. I might add that in an effort to remove this message, I turned my computer off and on, but that didn't help. What is the problem? More importantly, how can I remove this message and not lose any songs?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2017 1:45 PM

Really !

If your adding to an existing play list or queue, Why on earth would you want clear the list ?

if you wanted a new list, wouldn't you have started a new list ?

( or because of the frustrating exercise playing your own music has become - maybe the answer is to Clear the play list and add new songs to build a new one ?)

You really have to wonder what goes on in some of the interface design meetings !

Do they simply get together a try to reinvent the wheel every time ?

I used to simply go to my library, double tap and music would start to play... Now I have to wander around to find somewhere to actuall start playing music ?

With every couple of OS changes come the frustration of figuring What functions they perverted this time !!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 23, 2017 1:45 PM in response to Niku

Really !

If your adding to an existing play list or queue, Why on earth would you want clear the list ?

if you wanted a new list, wouldn't you have started a new list ?

( or because of the frustrating exercise playing your own music has become - maybe the answer is to Clear the play list and add new songs to build a new one ?)

You really have to wonder what goes on in some of the interface design meetings !

Do they simply get together a try to reinvent the wheel every time ?

I used to simply go to my library, double tap and music would start to play... Now I have to wander around to find somewhere to actuall start playing music ?

With every couple of OS changes come the frustration of figuring What functions they perverted this time !!

Apr 20, 2014 10:48 AM in response to ed2345

Now I have to start using the "Spellcheck" that I believe can be used with this site. It is really disgusting to go back and see unforgivable mistakes that you have made. I assume that most people know that I know that "losiig" is not a word, but they might have thought that I don't know how to spell" disappeared". Well, since my own editing efforts sometimes lets things like this slip through, I'll be using Spellcheck in the future. [I just tried, and it couldn't be easier to use]

You are about to start playback. Do you want to clear the song....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.