Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I reset a forgotten restrictions passcode

About 3 years ago I took my old iPhone 4 up to get it's photos transferred to my next phone, they set my restrictions passcode on and it took away several of my favorite features (assistive touch, action movie fx, store, etc) they gave me the password and I put it on my computer, since then my computer crashed and Only the most important files were recovered. I can't reset the phone because that's restricted. I am thinking about turning on my login passcode and the 10 times reset feature, but that's going to take a very long time because after 3 failed attempts it starts disabling the phone for longer and longer durations. I backed up my phone on my computer but I don't know if it backed up my restrictions passcode or not, I have a mac mini if that means anything, my computer is capable of reseting my phone, but I am currently at my grandparents house and don't have access to my computer and my Grandpa's computer that he let's me use is so slow that recovery mode will shut off like 6 times before that computer could do that. Let me know if you have any suggestions and thank you in response

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.3

Posted on Apr 18, 2014 11:53 PM

4 replies

How do I reset a forgotten restrictions passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.