Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garage Band is missing

I recently got an iPhone 5s and set it up. Transfered contacts, calendars, notes, and apps, except for a few. The one I'm most distressed over id Garage Band and more importatntly song ideas, guitar riffs, and other stuff I haven't transfered to my DAW. Garage Band and the other apps may have been purchased under another Apple ID, which somehow is still active. But iCloud shows no data for this ID, (4.99 GB Available). Garage Band is still active on my old phone, but I don't want to use two phones, I need GB on my new phone! Thanks for any advice.

Dude

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 7:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 9:45 AM

Is the problem, that GarageBand did not install on your new iPhone? You can buy it for free from the App Store, if you are running iOS 7.0, see this document:

Expanding GarageBand for iOS 2.0 content with an in-app purchase

Other apps should also be free: How to get all the iWork apps, iPhoto, and iMovie for free on an eligible iPhone or iPad | iMore

Is there a reason, that you set up your knew iPhone with a different AppleID? That will make updating your older apps rather complicated.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2014 9:45 AM in response to JustTheDude

Is the problem, that GarageBand did not install on your new iPhone? You can buy it for free from the App Store, if you are running iOS 7.0, see this document:

Expanding GarageBand for iOS 2.0 content with an in-app purchase

Other apps should also be free: How to get all the iWork apps, iPhoto, and iMovie for free on an eligible iPhone or iPad | iMore

Is there a reason, that you set up your knew iPhone with a different AppleID? That will make updating your older apps rather complicated.

Garage Band is missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.