Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

one ID per computer??

ID and Email address incompatable.

Hi all,

I've found the problem regarding my inability to open an iTunes account - perhaps...

I'm accepted on this computer to communicate in all Apple communities using my long held ID,

BUT when I try - in this same computer - to log into iTunes, I'm informed that my unique ID is owned by another user.

When I tried to edit this, I found that it has my old Email address. Moreover, it is IMPOSSIBLE to change the address!

This also happened when I tried to get into iTunes for Apps for my brand new, latest generation iPad, I get

"sorry ID is owned by another - or words to that effect..." How on earth can I resolve this?

Does this mean you can only use one ID for one computer ??

As none of my colleagues here probably has access to the Apple held ID data,

I'm simply stuck in a technological rut!

Help !!

GeTe

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 5:23 AM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2014 12:40 PM in response to gete

Usual trigger for this is requesting that the AppleID account be created, and not requesting an AppleID login. If that's not the trigger here, log into Apple's web site and manage your settiings, and confirm you can access and use the account. To test, check, verify or reset your AppleID information, visit https://appleid.apple.com and select manage. If that access fails, you'll want to contact Apple Support.

Remember too that there can be multiple AppleIDs in use. If your AppleID account has been around for a while, you might well have a second (or even third) AppleID for using some services or for using iCloud, or for one of Apple's earlier online services. AppleID context here is important, as you might have your app purchases and music associated with one AppleID, and a second and separate AppleID account used for iCloud data storage — iTunes expects the one you're associating with purchases, while other parts of OS X or iOS can have a second account used for iCloud storage.

Your OS X version is very old, as well.

one ID per computer??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.