Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile manager wrong organization name, how to change it

Hi,

I have setup a Profile Manager 10.8.5 and so far it is working great but when I run the command sudo serveradmin settings devicemg I saw a wrong entry n the organization name devicemgr:server_organization = "WRONGNAME" and I woulk like to modify this entry for a valid one. I have try to run the command sudo serveradmin settings devicemgr:server_organization = GOODNAME , no error but no modification on the organization name. Any adviced will be appreciated.

kind regards,

OS X Server

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 7:10 AM

4 replies

Apr 20, 2014 6:13 AM in response to Rich_ClickPom

Hi,

No you don't, as long as your FQDN is correct, internally and externally and your SSL certificate is correct with the correct organization, correcting this issue will not help at all.

There is no need because the profilemanager certificate is derived from your valid FQDN ssl certificate so everything's fine from the client and server perspective.

Just ignore it and keep going! Profile manager will not break because of this and everything is working correctly right? Goodluck!

Jeffrey

StarPine Support

Apr 21, 2014 12:48 AM in response to Rich_ClickPom

Hi,

Organization is setup by DNS at first, then an externally validated SSL certificate and that will be the base for your profile manager settings.

So if you really want to change that organization name, setup DNS correctly, get a new SSL cert and setup Profile manager like new, so destroy the old setup and create a new fresh profile manager.

Is that what you want to go through?

Goodluck!

Jeffrey

Profile manager wrong organization name, how to change it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.