Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio prevents relinking to original media -- can I manually change the number of audio channels for a video clip?

I recently updated to Final Cut X 10.1. I had a project for which I was heavily editing the audio, so I was using the "detach audio" feature and in some cases deleting the audio track. Now, when I try to go into the timeline and relink the movie files (which weren't linked automatically after update), the original media won't relink because "the original file didn't have audio, but the new file does."

Is there anyway to edit the misreferenced file so it beleives it has an audio track?

Thank you for any and all suggestions. I really don't want to start this edit over from scratch.

Ben

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 8:58 AM

There are no replies.

Audio prevents relinking to original media -- can I manually change the number of audio channels for a video clip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.