Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the "Archive" folder in iOS Mail?

So! Recently upgraded to Mavericks and have set up my Mail app with my 4 separate email accounts. Everything's working fine - I have the "archives" and "trash" as separate folders, depending on where I need to send things. On my iPhone, I can't see a folder for "Archives," so I'm wondering where it is, or how to activate it, or if it has a different name?

3 of the accounts are Gmail, and 1 is from GoDaddy (pop server).

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 9:06 AM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2014 9:26 AM in response to codydboyce

I've been toying around with it a little bit, and found out a few more things:

• I'm able to set whether deleting a message will actually "delete" it or "archive" it instead - however whenever I change this setting to archive and exit, it will revert back to delete

• I'm able to set a specific folder for archives. The default is "all mail." Whenever I change this to "Archives" it also reverts back to the default "all mail" folder. Also, I'm not sure if that archives folder is specific for each account or is only stored on the phone, not the server.

It's all very confusing!

Where is the "Archive" folder in iOS Mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.