Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CD Lookup showing Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" instead of "Fleetwood Mac"

Yeah I'm a newbie. Trying to import Fleetwood Mac's 1975 "Fleetwood Mac" into itunes. When asked: Would you like to import the CD "Fleetwood Mac" into your itunes library? Yes

It imported CD, but it came in with the song list from "Rumours" instead of "Fleetwood Mac". Then when I played the songs off of itunes (versus CD), indeed the actual imported song is from my CD, not the playlist shown. E.g. track 4 plays "Rhiana" versus Rumours "Don't Stop".

Is this a common problem? Is my only fix to individually go into each track and correct it? How does this carry into "Match" and playing off my other devices?

Windows 8

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 9:21 AM

1 reply

Apr 19, 2014 9:25 AM in response to Swoop4

It is a mismatch in the CDDB database that iTunes draws from. I always prefered WMPs version which previews the artwork and track listing and lets you choose when there are multiple matches. You will need to manually correct the details. I don't have iTunes Match, so I can't say for certain, but I suspect it will work from audio fingerprint rather than any CDDB lookup.

tt2

CD Lookup showing Fleetwood Mac "Rumours" instead of "Fleetwood Mac"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.