Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i found out if a company is certified manufactury (made for iphone) chargers and not fake.

how do i found out if a company is certified manufactury (made for iphone) chargers and not fake.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 10:38 AM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2014 10:47 AM in response to almalyonair

It is not possible to confirm that an adapter is genuine by inspecting its exterior, and inspecting the interior to identify engineering shortcomings that differ from Apple's design destroys the power adapter.

Many counterfeit adapters can be identified through obvious misspellings on their case, but the only way to be absolutely certain you are using a genuine Apple power adapter is to purchase it from Apple or an authorised Apple reseller. Counterfeit and potentially dangerous power adapters bearing fraudulent consumer product safety agency approval markings are very common.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.