Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Called Apple, they said that my phone number was deactivated, yet iMessages are still being sent from friends

Me and a good friend of mine traded phones, he had an HTC One and I had iPhone 5. When I traded my phone with him, i never turned iMessage off, I didn't think it would be a big deal, normal iphone users would just have to send me an SMS. Nope. Now that I have an android, occasionally I'll be texting a friend and they will notice that it will try to send an iMessage. This is where this iMessage thing really is just a pain.

Sometimes it will send as a normal SMS and everything works great. It happened a lot when I first switched, and it's been about a month and a half now, doesn't happen as often but it still occurs! Weird. A few days ago, my girlfriend was texting me and it started to happen to. We couldn't text and I was forced to go to my ipad just to text her. Funny thing is, before that, she was able to text me fine, she had no issues what so ever! Honestly, I can't bring my wifi only ipad 3 everywhere either. So I found out that I had to call and deregistered my phone number from the servers. Fine, I'll do it. Just got off the phone with them, they said it was already deactivated...? What? That can't be, because at this moment I can't text my girlfriend, literally as I was talking to the guy, really nice guy by the way, she was telling me it wasn't working.

I feel like Apple is punishing me because I switched to an android and I don't really like that because I do enjoy Apples products. So to sum it up, sometimes my friends are stuck sending an iMessage and they can't do anything about it. Then it will accidentally fix itself sometimes, then stop working again. My girlfriend has me saved as a normal contact, she deleted my thread and tried to text me again, still the same issue. Then I call, it says that it is actually deactivated and everything should be ok, but it isn't. Does anyone have a solution? Because I would really like to be able to contact my boss, family members, whoever that has an iphone without having to email them or get on my ipad. Thanks guys.

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 1:22 PM

There are no replies.

Called Apple, they said that my phone number was deactivated, yet iMessages are still being sent from friends

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.