Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud storage and backup

Re: iCloud storage: My iPhone 4s is telling me that I can't back-up my phone because I don't have enough storage space. I (believe) I have deleted a relatively large amount of storage but the phone is still telling me the same thing! !!!??? :-/ What have I done wrong, or what can I do to fix this problem?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 2:07 PM

16 replies

Apr 20, 2014 4:53 PM in response to diesel vdub

Obvious answer. My point is that I shouldn't HAVE to purchase more storage since I have deleted tons of email, text messages and several photos plus some apps. This should have freed up plenty of storage space but my phone keeps saying that it only has the same amount of storage space that it had BEFORE I deleted all this stuff. That simply doesn't make sense to me...😐

Apr 22, 2014 6:29 AM in response to tonikaye

Hi tonikaye,

Yes, you will be able to turn it back on. Once you delete the backup for any given device, you will see that the iCloud Backup button under iCloud>Storage & Backup is turned off. Just turn it back on. It will tell you that the device will no longer automatically back up to iTunes when you connect, say OK. It will then ask if you want to back up to iCloud now.

Cheers,

GB

Jan 14, 2015 8:40 AM in response to gail from maine

Hi Gail,

I know this post is really old but I'm having a similar issue and hope you can help me. I have a iPhone 5c 16gb and don't have much storage left. If I delete my back up will I lose all of my information? If so, how will I be able to get it back? Or is it even possible.

Here's a little back ground on my other issue, my HP laptop no longer recognizes any Apple products USB so I'm unable to back up my data on my hard drive. However the USB does recognize my old Android phone USB and mouse....which is so strange. I've been trying to resolve this issue for months and can't figure it out and neither can Apple. I have an appointment at with the Genius bar but thinking its a waste of time. At first Apple was said it was Norton Firewall but that not true because I purchased iPod touch in 2012 and at one point was able to sync my music and pics with no problem. I've checked my device drivers to see if there was an update need or a unknown device...no luck with that.

My laptop is out of warranty so Microsoft won't assist me. Can you suggest anything?

Thank you,

iCloud storage and backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.