Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get my printer connected to my computer?

please, tell me step by step HOW to CONECT my EPSON 3880 printer to my new I Mac computer!!!! gisela cavalleri

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9), epson 3880

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 3:13 PM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2014 1:36 PM in response to Karhuser1

That Epson is a USB - only printer, in other words it does not connect through a network, is that correct?

The way it's supposed to work is that you plug in the USB cord, power up the printer, load it with paper and ink, etc, attempt to print a document, then the Mac asks you if you'd like to use that printer. The Mac then downloads and installs any drivers it requires, and that's pretty much all there is to it. The Apple Support document I referenced above says essentially the same thing under "Connect a USB printer to your Mac". If your Epson is a USB - only model which I believe it to be, the rest of the document doesn't apply.

I assume that isn't happening for you?

Where are you getting stuck?

Do you have written instructions for the Epson? If not you can find them on this page, along with any drivers that your Mac might not have found on its own:

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Pro/SeriesStylusPro3880/Overview.do

how do i get my printer connected to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.