Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

vertical yellow lines on display

screen have vertical yellow lines - also at times have yellow pixals or blue

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 3:19 PM

4 replies

Oct 20, 2014 9:40 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

I have an intel 27" iMac. I've had my display replaced for another problem. Now I too have a vertical blue line on my screen. The Apple store looked at the problem and said it could cost $500 - $600 approx to either replace the graphics card or the screen. Have to say i'm not impressed. Thought Macs were supposed to be bullet proof. Guess if there are enough problems like these and Apple won't fix them then a class-action will start. I'll wait for that before I shell out $600.

Oct 20, 2014 10:04 AM in response to Adventr4u

That seems to be a problem with the iMacs, on rare occasion a MacBook Pro exhibits the behavior. Unfortunately all of these machines now have the graphics chip or module soldered to the logic board. Skilled technicians can remove and replace the parts, and at least it is not at the cost of a new logic board.

Since we are all fellow users on here and not Apple employees we really cannot do much beyond give advice based on experience. I have an iMac from 2005 that still runs, an iMac Mid-2011 that is really great, and an MBP Early-2011 that is great. Although it doesn't help when it is you that has the problem, statistically the number of failures is extremely low. That means Apple does not issue a recall as they have done with a specific serial number series of iPhone 5 models - those have bad batteries.

But give Apple feedback, http://www.apple.com/feedback and contact AppleCare, http://www.apple.com/kb/HE57 to register the issue. It takes everyone with the issue to let them know so this gets elevated.

vertical yellow lines on display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.