Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I set my iPhone 5 as New am I going to lose my Contacts? I don't want to lose my contacts, Notes, Calender etc.

one question I have backed up my iPhone but if I want to reset it as a new iPhone just to see if that helps with the battery and I have backed up in iCloud also and if I do reset it and when I sign back into iCloud as a new phone I won't lose my contacts right? Or How do I do it when I set it new device with the latest software update? Cause I don't want to lose my contacts, Notes, Calender etc. if anyone know how can you please respond step by step! Thanks P.S. If I do do this how do I download the software meaning the latest?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1, iPhone 5, iTunes, Battery Help!

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 3:45 PM

15 replies

Apr 19, 2014 3:56 PM in response to Sparychess

If your contacts, calendar, notes, etc. are synced to iCloud they will download back to your phone when you sign back into your iCloud account in Settings>iCloud. You can check to confirm that they are in iCloud by going to icloud.com from your computer and seeing if your data is there.

This explains how to update your phone: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4623. But if you're running iOS 7.1 you already have the latest version.

Apr 19, 2014 4:08 PM in response to Sparychess

When you restore the phone you are given the option to restore your backup. After the backup is restored the process will reload your music and apps from your iTunes library (if you restored from your iTunes backup) or from iCloud. Unless you have a very fast Internet connection you should probably restore from your iTunes backup rather than iCloud.

Apr 19, 2014 4:32 PM in response to Sparychess

Set it up as a new phone and DO NOT SYNC IT. Then you can restore the old backup later. A sync will overwrite the old backup. If you have a Mac (but not Windows) you can archive the old backup, which will keep it forever (or until you delete it). in iTunes go to Preferences/Devices, right click on the name of the backup and choose Archive.

If I set my iPhone 5 as New am I going to lose my Contacts? I don't want to lose my contacts, Notes, Calender etc.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.