Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1 doesn't show synced podcasts. Won't download old podcasts.

I finally updated to iOS 7 after deliberating for quite some time. Now that I've upgraded I am incredibly disappointed that even the 7.1 update hasn't fixed the problems with the Podcasts app. Here are my problems:

1) When I sync a big list of podcasts, the long list appears on my iPod, but not all of the podcasts show up. It's like there's blank space that you can scroll down to, so hypothetically the podcasts should be there, but they're not visible.

2) After trying to fix this problem by deleting the podcast with the problem, I went to re-download it on the iTunes store using my iPod. Only the 1 most recent podcast shows up (for reference, I was looking at the "This American Life" podcast). It won't show any other podcasts in the store and if I select "Add old episodes" on the Podcasts app, no other podcasts show up.

3) I've had lots of errors trying to download new podcasts. Some just refuse to be downloaded.

4) The navigation buttons look ridiculous. It looks like someone made a crappy HTML website. The buttons "Edit" and "Settings" are not aligned and look like they were haphazardly placed. I think that really the navigation should have its own line or there should be "buttons" that look like buttons instead.

I've been an Apple lover since 2008 but this iOS is making me really rethink being such a fangirl. Apple, please fix this.

iPod touch, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 3:13 PM

There are no replies.

iOS 7.1 doesn't show synced podcasts. Won't download old podcasts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.