Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where is my profiles folder

I've been having issues with my MacBook Pro and was just at the Genius bar. They wiped my drive and re-installed os v10.8.5. They do not want me to do a restore from my Time Machine because they think that my problem might be related to the version of the os on my back up. They want me to piece meal drag apps/docs/folders from the back up to my newly wiped drive.

I need to find my Thunderbird preferences to be able to access all my stored email. I can't find that folder. The instructions say to look in the Library Folder for the Preference Folder then the Thunderbird Preference Folder. In that folder is my profile.

I can find my Library Folder directly on my hard drive (not within my user area) but it has no pr

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 6:16 PM

5 replies

Apr 22, 2014 8:20 AM in response to swerthei

The location of the Thunderbird profile is /Users/<username>/Library/Thunderbird/Profiles.

Follow the instructions on how to make that visible.

However, an easier way to get to your profile folder in Time Machine is to install Thunderbird in your Applications Folder, run it the first time, and default folders should be created. Then, go to Help > Troubleshooting Information and click the Show in Finder button next to Profile Folder. With the new default profile folder open in Finder, enter Time Machine and see if it'll take you back to your actual Thunderbird profile with all your mail.

where is my profiles folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.