Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac mini problem

i have an older mac mini the one with the disk slot in the front and i want to update it to a better mac os x it is running snow lepord 10.5.8 i cant run skype or any other programs of that nature

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.5.8), i just got it from a friend today

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 8:10 PM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2014 8:56 PM in response to zlmnt

The > Mac mini (Early 2009) - Technical Specifications originally came with 10.5 Leopard.

If it is on 10.5, you will first need > Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and then update to 10.6.8.

If it is already on 10.6.8, you will need to setup a new account in your name at the App Store and then you can get > OS X Mavericks if the Mac Mini has enough RAM.

For more on upgrading to Mavericks, see > Upgrade your Mac to OS X Mavericks.

Mavericks does not require you to max out the RAM to 8GB, but you will notice a big performance hit with 4GB or less.

For quality RAM upgrades, go to > OWC macsales.com

mac mini problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.