Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook screen has gone black.

Tonight, I went to open up my macbook and the screen lit up for a moment and then went black. I closed it, gave it a second, and reopened it, and it happened again. If I looked closely, then I could see the faint desktop. This happened to me once before so I force shutdown the laptop and restarted it. I heard the disk make the startup sound but the screen remained black. I couldn't even see the desktop. The lights on the battery underneath, which usually glow green, were off. The screen flashed once but I saw no other activity. I shut it down again and took out the battery. Waited a couple minutes and cleaned the battery of dust. Popped it back in but there was no change. I even tried to boot up the laptop while holding option. Nothing.

Any idea of what's going on?

I'm not sure the exact model but I purchased it in summer of 2009. It's white and is a basic macbook. I had the logic board changed two years ago when the whole computer wouldn't turn on. Other than that, I haven't had other problems. I turned it off and I'm hoping it fixes itself by morning, at least long enough for me to save some files. Oh, and I upgraded to maverick os a week or two ago if that matters

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2009), iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 8:57 PM

There are no replies.

My macbook screen has gone black.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.