Related Article: Buy movies and TV shows from the Apple TV app

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded Reward movie in HD format - iTunes says it can't play it

I downloaded a movie in HD and now iTunes says it can't play HD. This was a reward from purchasing the DVD. What can I do to be able to watch it?

I guess I should have downloaded the SD copy instead. But now I have used the code and it won't let me change. I'm not even sure where the file is on my computer.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 10:22 PM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2014 1:07 PM in response to ldsgenemom

Hello ldsgenemom,

The following article provides information regarding redownloading the affected movie in SD.

When you purchase an HD video on a supported device or computer, only the HD video will be downloaded. To download the SD version, you need to download the video again from your Purchased page. Conversely, if you purchase an HD video on an unsupported device, the SD version will be downloaded. Then, you will need to download the HD version from your Purchased page. Learn more about downloading previous purchases.

iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3209

Cheers,

Allen

Downloaded Reward movie in HD format - iTunes says it can't play it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.